[Avodah] Not saying Tachanun (was Yom Haatzmaut)

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 29 12:11:53 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 08:53:00PM +0200, Ben Waxman wrote:
:> #2 A good example to my mind is the chasidic groups who celebrate
:> the anniversary of their rebbe's release from prison. Would RYBS
:> insist that they say Tachanun on such days?

: I had the same question.

I bet he said tachanun on the Gra's or R' Chaim's (Volozhin or Brisk)
yahrzeit, etc... For people who are seeking his pesaq, it's very likely
he would inist on Tachanun on days like that.

But I think he would refuse to pasqen for them. Implied in your question
is that it's a rav's job to comment and rank other derakhim, an idea
RYBS did not share. He even limited his own right to 2nd guess a talmid
serving as moreh de'asra. (Stories differ as to how much he insisted on
such autonomy of the LOR, depending on which student.)

micha at aishdas.org        3 weeks and 4 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Netzach sheb'Netzach: When is domination or
Fax: (270) 514-1507                          taking control too extreme?