[Avodah] The Chilul Hashem of Disrespecting Non-Jews

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 22 14:57:28 PDT 2015

At 03:32 PM 4/22/2015, Micha Berger wrote:
>Mitzvos bein adam lachaveiro as important as mitzvos bein adam lachaveiro.

I believe that this sentence is wrong. I believe you meant to write
that mitzvos bein adam l'Chaveiro are just as important as mitzvos
bein adam l'makom.

RSRH points out that the Luchos contained 5 mitzvos bein adam
l'Chaveiro and 5 mitzvos bein Adam l"Makom on each side, and that
both sides of the Luchos were the same size!

>Derekh eretz is important as Chazal literally call it a prerequisite
>for Torah.

And hence may one deduce that those who do not have proper Derech
Eretz do not have Torah?  If so,  then I guess we should not be
surprised at the actions of some so-called Jews that are a Chilul
Hashem.  They do not have any Torah.

YL