[Avodah] Eilu v'eilu

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Apr 21 06:24:48 PDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 01:17:49PM +0300, Simon Montagu wrote:
: Where does the Maharal say this? (Not a challenge, I just want to learn it
: inside)

Be'er haGolah, be'er 1, pg 20 in the common edition, available on pg 94
the whole book) in the Harman edition, on hebrewbooks.org
<http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=42832&pgnum=125>
(Onward, I would print the 1[:6] off the link at the top for the whole
sefer. R YD Hartman has a clearer edition, with copious footnotes.)

I've been citing that Maharal for over a decade, so I had to search for
the actual mar'eh maqom. On nice find was the discussion in Mishpat
Ivri <https://books.google.com/books?id=_b8DQOQ7IOQC&pg=PA146>. I want
to go through the whole chapter on machloqos (that hit is mid-chapter)
before commenting, but I don't know when I'll get to it.

micha at aishdas.org        2 weeks and 3 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Tifferes: What is the ultimate
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              state of harmony?