[Avodah] tefillat haderech

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Apr 17 12:26:15 PDT 2015

On 04/17/2015 02:45 PM, Mordechai Harris via Avodah wrote:
>> That said, I do concede that the common practice is for one person
>> to say the bracha on shofar and megilla for all the assembled, yet
>> we all say our own brachos on lulav, hallel, and sefira.

> In the case of Lulav (first day - which is D'Oraita) and counting
> Sefira, the Pasuk uses the word Lachem which teaches of the need for
> each individual to have/count their own.

What has this got to do with the bracha?

I actually had meant to post about this, since I've been wondering for
some time why it is that the world's minhag is for each person to say
their own bracha on hallel and sefira, after hearing the chazan's bracha.
Doesn't the usual rule of "berov am" mean that everyone should be yotzei
with his bracha?

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in