[Avodah] chametz post pesach

Kenneth Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 16 10:13:44 PDT 2015

R' Dovid Rubin wrote:

> (The source is the Ari who perceives the spiritual influx of Pesach
> to be repeated over the Omer; the state that warrants the eating of
> matsoh during Pesach carries over till Shovuos.

This reminds me of the comment (which I've heard several times here on Avodah, but I don't think anywhere else) that in Moshiach's time, all of Sefira will be a sort of Chol Hamoed to Pesach.

>                                                 Full 'maturity' that
> warrants the eating of chomets is only reached on Shovuos.)

Shavuos -- a.k.a. -- "Atzeres" -- is of course an entirely distinct holiday, unrelated to Pesach or to its seven-week long chol hamoed. Chometz would not be a problem on Shavuos any more than Sukkah is mandated on the other Atzeres.

Akiva Miller