[Avodah] tefillas haderech

elazar teitz via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 15 13:05:00 PDT 2015

     REliTurkel wrote:

>Just saw a halacha that to me was a chiddush

That one cannot (or should not) be yotzeh someone else for tefiilat
haderech but everyone should say for them self.

Those agreeing (at least lechatchila) include
R Aviner
R Nebenzahl
R C Kanevsky
R Tuvia Goldstein (who said he convinced RMF)
R Belsky

Not what I have seen in practice.
Anyone know any opinion that does allow it<

     Is there any opinion, even of the five quoted, which holds that one is
 _not_ yotzei even b'diavad?

     As for RET's question, the Kol Bo on Aveilus, quoted in SSK, Perek 64,
footnote 75, states that an onein is obligated in t'fillas haderech, but it
is preferable that he be yotzei with another's b'racha. (I have not seen
the SSK, but have seen it quoted.)

EMT