[Avodah] Rabbi Noach Isaac Oelbaum's Position on the Kosher Switch

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 15 09:32:59 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:17:02PM -0400, Prof. Levine wrote:
: Does it really matter.  He is saying that he does not approve of its
: use.  Why do you need to know more?

For the sake of the switch, no. For the sake of understanding the concept
of gerama -- Torah hi, velilamdah ani tzarikh!

Saying this switch isn't gerama, and its use limited to cases where
we can permit gerama, really defies my understanding of the concept.
Or perhaps I misunderstand how it works, in which case the Electrical
Engineer I studied to become (and the neti'ah that motivated the
intent to become one) wants to know.