[Avodah] RYBS's Talk on Hafkaas Kiddushin, Talmud Torah and Kabalas Ol Malchus Shamayim

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Apr 13 12:27:43 PDT 2015

What I think is more typical of the general thesis of this portion of
his talk was the immediately prior statement:
    V'chen hakofer b'perusha v'hu torah she b'al peh v'hamach'chish
    magideha; he who denies the perfection and the truthfulness of
    chachmei chazal -- not of the Torah, but of the chachmei chazal
    as personalities, as real persona as far as their character, their
    philosophy, or their outlook on the world is concerned -- is a kofer.
The whole piece is worth hearing (even more than reading) - it seems to me that the debate echoes here:
https://kavvanah.wordpress.com/2015/04/12/rabbi-ysoscher-katz-and-rabbi-ozer-glickman-rounds-one-and-two/
I do wonder whether one can avoid self awareness with a modern education.

Another  challenge is how to deal with recent "Chachmei Hamesorah" who don't seem to meet the perfection definition.
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.