[Avodah] wine choice

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 1 20:32:06 PDT 2015

On 04/01/2015 03:25 PM, Mordechai Harris wrote:
> There is a lot of info here: http://seforim.blogspot.com/2012/10/wine-strength-and-dilution.html

It is interesting, but I think the author may have made a simple mistake
in assuming that when Rashi says their wines were "stronger" than ours,
he meant "more alcoholic".   That may be what he meant, in which case he
was mistaken, but it seems to me that he may have meant "strong tasting",
or to put it more bluntly, "sour".

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in