[Avodah] donor egg

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 19 12:46:01 PDT 2015

"A 65-year-old Bnei Brak woman gave birth this week, becoming the oldest
woman to give birth in Israel. The ultra-Orthodox woman and her 67-year-old
husband had been battling infertility for 46 years before the birth at Kfar
Sava’s Meir hospital.

After fertility treatments abroad and with the help of a donor egg, the
woman became pregnant, giving birth to a 2.685-kg baby in her 35th week of
pregnancy.

“To the best of my knowledge, this is the oldest woman to give birth in
Israel. It is extremely rare that pregnancy at this age ends well.

The ultra-Orthodox circle from which the couple comes attributed the
pregnancy and birth to a blessing the woman received from a Hassidic rabbi.
 "

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel/.premium-1.657230

Given all the halachic controversy of who is the halachic mother I am a
little surprised

--
Eli Turkel