[Avodah] The Chilul Hashem of Disrespecting Non-Jews

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 22 11:53:30 PDT 2015

 From http://tinyurl.com/kb4v525

This idea connects with something that has bothered me for some time:
the wanton, unprovoked use of disparaging, racist comments among our
youth. Over the years I have either heard directly or been made aware
of many such comments by students. When I asked why they had
expressed themselves in this manner, they could offer no meaningful response.

All I could glean was that they were apparently parroting similar
remarks they had heard elsewhere, without having given much thought
to their words. Many of these students had few if any relationships
or even interactions with individuals from the groups they were mocking.

See the above URL for the entire article.   YL