[Avodah] Rabbi Noach Isaac Oelbaum's Position on the Kosher Switch

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 15 02:07:57 PDT 2015

Rabbi Oelbaum has asked that his son's comment on YeshivaWorld
regarding Rav Oelbaum's position on kosher switch be publicized.

Rabbi Noach Isaac Oelbaum's true position on kosher switch

I regret that my father's position on the kosher switch was
misrepresented by stating that he endorses it l'maaseh . His position
is that there are 2 aspects in hilchos shabbos,  one is issur melacha
and then there is zilzul shabbos.  My father's opinion is that there
is no issur melacha or chilul shabbos.  However , there is a concern
about zilzul shabbos as he stated clearly on the video. Before it is
used one should ask a shaila from his rav.

Moshe Oelbaum

Son of Rabbi N I Oelbaum