[Avodah] Standing at a Chupah

Joseph Kaplan via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 19 11:32:10 PDT 2015

"Truth be told,  I have seen the following many times.  When the
grandparents who are 70 or more years old walk down,  no one stands for
them.  However,  when the chosson and kallah walk down everyone stands for
them."

At almost every MO wedding I've attended over the past 5-10 years, everyone
stood  when the grandparents walked down whether they were older than 70 or
not. But if, God willing, I'm around for my grandchildren's weddings, I plan
to walk (or, if necessary, wheelchair) down the aisle whether anybody stands
for me or not.

Joseph