[Avodah] What FDA Learned About Dark Chocolate and Milk Allergies

Kenneth Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jun 11 14:24:59 PDT 2015

[Another Areivim email from the same thread. -micha]

> Actually it sounds to me that one very much can rely on the
> label (from this example). The trace amounts [the LBD are] talking
> about are much, much less than 1/60. Completely bateil,
> totally parve, but enough to elicit an allergic reaction.

I remember learning about a machlokes concerning whether we hold dairy
can be batel to pareve, or whether we say that since there is no loss (at
least, not the total loss that we have when something becomes nonkosher)
we should simply consider it dairy. But I don't remember how we hold on
this issue. Anyone else?

And shouldn't these questions be on Avodah?

Akiva Miller

[Done. -micha]