[Avodah] Even More on Who Wrote the Mishnah Brurah

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed May 27 10:58:13 PDT 2015

Someone on my email list spoke to a well-known Flatbush Rov and sent
me the following:

Reb Yitzchok

I spoke to Rabbi XX this morning, and he did indeed confirm that the
MB was not written only by the Chofetz Chaim. He said R. Moshe
Feinstein told him that it is a work of a rabbim, not only a yochid.
It seems that R. Arye Leib was not the only one to work on
it.   According to what R.  XX heard the team also consisted of the
CC's son in law and the mashgiach Rav Londinski.  R.  XX  also told
me that R. Henoch Liebowitz, the Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshiva Chofetz
Chaim in Queens told him that his father Reb Dovid, who was a nephew
of the CC, also wrote portions of the MB.

So thank you for leading me towards this information.

llevine at stevens.edu