[Avodah] Yaknehaz [was: The Quinoa - Kitniyos Conundrum]

via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 1 13:36:15 PDT 2015

In a message dated 4/1/2015 6:28:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
micha at aishdas.org writes:

On Wed,  Apr 01, 2015 at 12:03am EDT, RnTK wrote:
:        It  was the norm in my parental home and is what my husband does
too.
: In fact I have never seen anyone use a regular havdala candle at a
seder!
: (Or a single wick candle without joining it to another candle or  to a
match.)

A local yeshiva qetana sells two-wick candles that  otherwise look like
Shabbos candles as a fundraiser. This way you don't  have a fire lasting
as long as whatever is left on your havdalah candle,  and the whole
problem is avoided.

I wasn't really clear.  What my parents used to do (and we do  similarly)
was to take one Shabbos candle ot of the candlestick and  hold its flame
close to another Shabbos candle for the bracha, and then put  it back in the
candlestick it came out of.  IOW we use the candles that are  already burning
on the table anyway.

--Toby Katz
t613k at aol.com
..