[Avodah] "everything was kosher"

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Mar 28 13:06:47 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 02:27:06PM -0400, Prof. Levine wrote:
> Did they really *think* that everything was kosher and investigate or
> simply use things without looking into the kashrus of what they were
> using?  Did they rely upon Rav Alle,  "Alle essen dos" and not go any
> further?  My understanding is that food technology today is much more
> complicated than it was in the past,  but this does not mean that there
> were no problems in the past.

Didn't we discuss this in Fall 2011 in the thread you started titled
"Halachic Policy Guidelines of the Kashrus Authority of Australia"?

There is a reason why more countries (albeit far fewer observant Jews)
rely on kashrus approval lists rather than full hekhsheirim. It's not
ignorance.

:-)||ii!

Micha Berger             Today is the 2nd day
micha at aishdas.org        in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Gevurah sheb'Chesed: What is constricted
Fax: (270) 514-1507                           Chesed?