[Avodah] The 5th cup

Liron Kopinsky liron.kopinsky at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 10:06:07 PDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Ben Waxman <ben1456 at zahav.net.il> wrote:

> Rav Rimon brings in his hagada that Rav Kasher tz"l thought with the
> return to Israel and the Kibbutz Galiyot/Itchalta D'Geula, one should
> recite the 5th pasuk and drink a 5th cup of wine.  Rav Rimon notes that
> this psak has not been accepted. If someone wishes to recite the 5th pasuk
> and darshen it as part of the general night of learning, that is certainly
> permitted.

Does he say when that cup should be drunk? In general, I thought the
Halacha was that you are allowed to drink extra cups between cups 2 and 3,
but not between 1 & 2, to not be drunk during maggid, and not between 3 & 4
(or after 4) to not look like we are actually having a 5th cup.

Kol Tuv,

--
Liron Kopinsky
liron.kopinsky at gmail.com