[Avodah] partnership minyanim

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Feb 27 18:21:03 PST 2013

I find RnCL's argument about Sepharadim putting qetanim up for the amud
convincing in rebutting RMJB's argument, because he poses the comparison.

I wonder, though, if the comparison is valid. Perhaps rather than there
being no kavod hatzibur issue in giving a qatan the amud for Pesuqei
deZimra, the conclusion was reached that chinukh was a higher priority
than kavod. And then, a situation like nidon didan where the is no
chinukh element, there would be no parallel matir.

Also, I'm wondering if the following paradox holds: Chinukh is a
derabbanan. What about the chinukh of teaching a qatan that he must grow
up to conform to minhag? Could it be that according to the Rashba the
qatan has a greater chiyuv (derabannan of chinukh) to say PdZ than the
men do (minhag Yisrael)?

Micha Berger             When faced with a decision ask yourself,
micha at aishdas.org        "How would I decide if it were Ne'ilah now,
http://www.aishdas.org   at the closing moments of Yom Kippur?"
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            - Rav Yisrael Salanter