[Avodah] nashim and betulot

Gershon Dubin gershon.dubin at juno.com
Tue Feb 26 11:33:03 PST 2013

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:40:12 -0500, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:
> Of course.  That's explicit in the pasuk:  "Lo tavo od el hamelech,
> *ki im chafetz bah hamelech venikre'ah veshem*".  And I don't think anyone
> imagines that in the 30 days since he had last summoned Esther he had been
> sleeping alone.

Lo savo od el hamelech is in context of the beauty contest. And my
imagination or anyone else's is not the issue; it's the mashma'us of
the pesukim that now that he had one killed he had to replace her.
He could have promoted from within; how do we know beyond what we
imagine what the situation was?

Gershon
gershon.dubin at juno.com