[Avodah] Date of Purim

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Feb 26 01:58:56 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 04:42:28AM -0500, Zev Sero wrote:
> On 26/02/2013 12:27 AM, Liron Kopinsky wrote:
>> Maybe akin to the idea of not saying Shira for kriyat yam sum?

> This again?  We *did* and *do* say shira for kriyat yam suf, and there is
> no hava amina not to...

We do not say Hallel, which was clearly what was intended.

Arguing with the Meshekh Chokhmah and the author of Lekha Dodi (just
to name the two I already cited) requires more than a rhetorical "this
again?" to make your point.

Again, there is a list of mar'eh meqomos culled from previous iterations
at <http://www.aishdas.org/asp/2007/07/compassion-for-our-enemies.shtml>.
What you take as self-evident is against the Pesiqta deR' Kaahane, against
the Yalqut who quotes it, against the Perishah, against the Shibolei
haLeqet, the BY, the Taz, the Kaf haChaim, the Netziv, and others.

No matter how tightly you cherish your understanding, it is NOT the one
that we actually found in the sources. Repeating it again in a tone
as though someone is wrong to ignore your preference in favor of the
well-established doesn't actually prove your point.

Micha Berger             It is our choices...that show what we truly are,
micha at aishdas.org        far more than our abilities.
http://www.aishdas.org                           - J. K. Rowling
Fax: (270) 514-1507