[Avodah] frig light

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Feb 19 14:24:27 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 07:56:35AM -0800, saul newman wrote:
: http://lifeinisrael.blogspot.com/2013/02/interesting-psak-opening-refrigerator.html

I'm missing the chidush the blogger is pointing my attention to in R'
Ofir Malkah's mini-teshuvah.

- Amira le'aku"m to do a pesiq reishei being mutar is news to me, but
  not a surprise.

- I know many Ashkenazim who rely on the Biur Halakhah and give their
  children (who aren't old enough for chinukh in the given melakhah)
  a motive to do a melakhah for their own benefit. So, why can't he tell
  a Sepharadi to make use of this heter -- as long as the child is Ashk?

Micha Berger             "'When Adar enters, we increase our joy'
micha at aishdas.org         'Joy is nothing but Torah.'
http://www.aishdas.org    'And whoever does more, he is praiseworthy.'"
Fax: (270) 514-1507                     - Rav Dovid Lifshitz zt"l