[Avodah] A question for the chevre

David Riceman driceman at optimum.net
Sun Feb 10 07:20:06 PST 2013

RMZ:

<<You have a secular Jew who's on his way to Africa for the rest of his
life, and you have an opportunity to teach him one mitzva that he'll
keep until he dies. He has no opportunity there to continue his growth
there and will never go beyond just keeping this one mitzva. Do you
teach him: a) to love Hashem, or b) not to take bones out of a fish on
Shabbos?>>

Frankly the premise that "He has no opportunity there to continue his
growth there and will never go beyond just keeping this one mitzva"
strikes me as incomprehensible.  I'd pick c) Talmud Torah so that he
will be able to continue his growth there.

David Riceman