[Avodah] HKBH to Change His Mind, The Superiority of Commons Sense, LaMa LK

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jan 25 10:23:47 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 09:16:00AM +1100, Meir Rabi wrote:
: In case it slipped under your radar,
: Moshe Rabbenu advised HKBH to identify Himself not as A Asher A but just as
: A.
:
: Why? One problem at a time is enough for the Jewish People to deal with.
:
: HKBH agreed.
: Rashi 3:14

HQBH wanted to give Moshe the opportunity to do the chessed of not piling
up our troubles. Obviously Hashem, who is above time, didn't change His
"Mind".

And this case too isn't one of halakhah. It's of direct revalation. Our
whole question began with my positing the idea that the sevara requires
knowing the facts of the halakhah and from that one extrapolats (with
their seikhel) new halakhah. A conflict between revalation and what we
feel to be moral from fundamental "ma desani lakh" empathy is still a
different topic.

And the Aqeida stands in contrast to your example, even in that
domain. Avraham knew HQBH didn't want human sacrifice, and knew He
wanted the Jews to come from Yitzchaq, but didn't stay his hand based
on those sevaros.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             Here is the test to find whether your mission
micha at aishdas.org        on Earth is finished:
http://www.aishdas.org   if you're alive, it isn't.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Richard Bach