[Avodah] Why Lie When Truth Can Also Achieve Peace

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Wed Jan 2 12:14:43 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:
> What's more, Elisha himself characterised Naaman's healing
> as something that will "let him know that there is a navi in Israel".

That actually proves my point. It was exceptional, but it should
happen so that people will recognize that G"d annoints true prophets,
presumably so that people will follow their spiritual guidance.

> But that is a navi, and we are not discussing nevu'ah at all.  We're
> discussing ruach hakodesh, which is a completely different animal.

Nu, you have not harnessed a single source to support your contention
that sundry tzaddikim have x-ray vision of sorts. What is ruach
hakodesh and who has it? Please cite Chazal or Rishonim.

--
Arie Folger,
Recent blog posts on http://ariefolger.wordpress.com/