[Avodah] CONTEMPORARY KITCHEN ISSUES6

Kenneth Miller kennethgmiller at juno.com
Mon Jan 21 12:57:12 PST 2013

I just discovered a major typo in a recent post of mine:

R' Joel Rich had asked:

> What would the halacha be "back in the day" if I lived in a town
> where 80% of the dairy herds were owned by Jews and I found a
> recently filled container of raw milk in the street?  And what
> label would you put on it?

I had answered:

> I'm not sure what you mean by "back in the day". If you are
> referring to a situation where there is no government
> supervision, such as was the situation for thousands of years,
> then 80% would not suffice. Some poskim would allow such milk
> if 100% of the local dairies were Jewish, but even that was a
> machlokes.

That last line was supposed to read: Some poskim would allow such milk if 100% of the local dairies used only kosher animals for their milk supply, but even that was a machlokes.

(My second paragraph there had references, and is correct as posted.)

Akiva Miller