[Avodah] Seen on Facebook...

Moshe Y. Gluck mgluck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:51:49 PST 2013

"I've managed to piece together a baptism ritual using bits of the RCA
madrikh (and having the parents do the actual baptism) and modify vidui for
sacrament of the sick (aka last rites), but I'm stuck on annointing and
communion rituals for my Catholic patients (majority of patients). I try my
best to farm out those rituals to other Christian chaplains when possible,
but on-call, the hospital holds that it's my responsibility. I haven't found
a way to change the liturgy that honors the patient's tradition AND feels OK
for me to do halachically (i.e. doesn't feel like avodah zera). Thoughts?
Experiences? This whole interfaith chaplain residency is...a growing
experience."

Interesting question, no?

KT,

MYG