[Avodah] Preparing Food Before or on Yom Tov (was Definition of Religion)

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat Sep 29 23:34:06 PDT 2012

So perhaps instead of measuring the parameters in 21st century first
world terms, we have to use Chazal's terms of reference.  If the
question is "will the food spoil if cooked before hand", OK, cook it on
Yom Tov.

If the question is some small improvement in taste that one gets from
freshly cooked food versus refrigerated and reheated food, than for
sure, cook ahead of time.

Ben