[Avodah] Mitochondrial DNA and the Mabul

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat Sep 22 09:52:27 PDT 2012

The below is one of the current ideas floating around in the world of
genetics, that there are periods when the mutation rate sky-rockets and
long periods where it remains steady.   IIRC this hypothesis tries to
explain the lack of transitional fossils, ie fossils which show the
transition between the different  animal groups.

Ben