[Avodah] Eating Pas Yisrael During Aseres Yemei Teshuva

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Sep 7 06:09:35 PDT 2012

1- I'm no sure whether this notion of not following a qulah vs adopting
a chumerah is a real distinction. It's a little arbitrary to say that
it's chumerah vs baseline law or it's baseline law vs qulah.

2- The distinction, even if real, isn't relevent to the comparison of
pas palter to the original objection about people asking us how we could
post in some tone / on some topic during Elul. "Do you think you're
fooling Hashem?"

In either case, we are saying that the person is doing during 10 Yemei
Teshuvah something that he doesn't consider necessary during the rest of
the year. And he isn't trying to fool Hashem by trying to avoid a qulah
he normally uses nor by trying to follow a chumerah he normally doesn't.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             "Man wants to achieve greatness overnight,
micha at aishdas.org        and he wants to sleep well that night too."
http://www.aishdas.org         - Rav Yosef Yozel Horwitz, Alter of Novarodok
Fax: (270) 514-1507