[Avodah] MEZUZAH: PROTECTIVE AMULET OR RELIGIOUS SYMBOL?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Aug 23 07:58:51 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 04:37:15PM -0400, Prof. Levine wrote:
> One may download this article that appeared in Tradition at
> http://www.mesora.org/mezuza-gordon.pdf
>
> Towards the end of this article the author writes

Mesora.org is hyper-rationalist, though, and not typical of O thought.
Eg: they tell you that there is no basis for saying tehillim in an eis
tzarah <http://www.mesora.org/tehillim5770.htm>, they reject Qabbalah
without even mentioning the Ramban, etc... I therefore don't find their
rejection of mezuzah-as-amulet as overly meaningful, even if I'm inclined
to agree with their conclusion.