[Avodah] Does the Torah Disapprove of Ben Pekua

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Aug 21 13:41:47 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 09:41:34AM +1000, Meir Rabi wrote:
: It was suggested to me that since breeding herds of BP would sidestep
: Hilchos Shechitah,Tereifos, Cheilev and Gid, it must be a non preferred
: option.

SA YD 13:4 says that the child of two BP would require sheechitah
medrabbanan.

But the general question of whether it's a bad thing to engineer an
avoidance of a qiyum asei in order to avoid poasible issurim is itself
an interesting one. It reminds me of the people on-list who preferred
eating non-Israeli produce so as to avoid making mistakes in hafrashas
teruman uma'aser. Rather than learning how to be mafrish and thereby
get those mitzvos, a holier fruit, and aiding the Jewish economy in EY.