[Avodah] Mezuza Not an Amulet

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Tue Aug 21 09:37:09 PDT 2012

A very rationalist approach (which suits me just fine) BUT (and perhaps very much to the point of the Aishdas society) there is obviously something rotten in Rationalistland if we have large groups of people who are seeking the eit ratzons of R' Nachman assumedly because they are not finding  fulfillment in tfila and doing mitzvot because we are so commanded and doing them is what pleases HKB"H.  Unfortunately I don't think there are quick fixes to this issue and I'm not sure we won't be yotzeh scharo bhefsedo if we try to discourage these practices without something more than just people should understand better what HKB"H wants of them.

KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.