[Avodah] Canceling Reservations

cantorwolberg at cox.net cantorwolberg at cox.net
Tue Aug 14 11:44:11 PDT 2012

If no policy is specified then it's understood that one may cancel at any time.

Understood by whom??  By the Torah?  Have you forgotten that when a commitment
is made, either by word or by any other means, we are bound to our word? Obviously,
it there is a written policy, then you would not be going against your word because that
would be like a b'li neder. However, if no policy is specified, then you are bound by your
word unless you have specified that you have the right to cancel.