[Avodah] Glasses look to keep women out of sight

Rafi and Shifra Goldmeier goldmeier.family at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 23:06:59 PDT 2012

is the issue really one of pritzus that is "requiring" some people to
wear these glasses? if the people wearing these glasses are mostly
located in mea Shearim (or maybe also RBS B), similar to the people
wearing the burkas and veils, isnt the level of pritzus fairly marginal
in these areas? We are not really talking about people walking through
Tel Aviv or downtown Jerusalem with these glasses, where they *might* be
required by some stretch of an imagination.

So, if the inventor is mass-manufacturing them and selling them in
stores to people who might need them because they are in such areas,
perhaps you are right about requiring such a hetter and these glasses
actually making that possible. If the people using them are limited to a
few people in mea Shearim, then somehow the issue of pritzus is not
really the issue.

kol tuv
Rafi Goldmeier

---------