[Avodah] Brush teeth after seudat shlishit

Akiva Miller kennethgmiller at juno.com
Wed Aug 8 16:48:01 PDT 2012

This seems to be a great example of something mentioned in the article that R' Michael Poppers linked to, by Rabbi Chaim Jachter, at http://koltorah.org/ravj/14-3%20Pat%20Akum%202.htm --

> The Acharonim debate (see a summary of the debate in Mesorah
> 1:86-89) whether this term is defined as something worthy for
> a king to eat even at an ordinary occasion, such as his
> breakfast, or whether it refers to food that is worthy to be
> served at a state dinner. Rav Yosef Dov Soloveitchik rules that
> the Bishul Akum prohibition applies only to food that is
> worthy to be served at a state dinner.

If someone has access to that issue of Mesorah, or any other relevant source, I hope they can enlighten me: If Oleh Al Shulchan Melachim includes even a king's breakfast and snack food, what is left? Perhaps it would include name-brand Cheerios and Jelly Belly, but not the cheaper brands?

Akiva Miller