[Avodah] ceremonies in halacha

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jul 31 19:53:21 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:52pm EDT, I wrote:
: The Gra made a berakhah "al akhilas matzah" whenever eating matzah during
: the entire 8 days of Pesach. He holds that while the mitzvah chiyuvis
: is only the first night(s) of Pesach, there is a qiyum mitzvah by eating
: matzah the rest of Pesach.

I was only sorta right.

It is generally assumed that the unnamed "tzadiq" referred to in the
Maharsham 1:209 who made such berakhos was the Gra. But the Sedei Chemed
also discusses it, to no conclusion, in vol 8 "chameitz umatzah" 14:10.

So, I guess it's not so clear after all. Thanks to RJSchnur for pushing
me to look it up.

Micha Berger             When a king dies, his power ends,
micha at aishdas.org        but when a prophet dies, his influence is just
http://www.aishdas.org   beginning.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                    - Soren Kierkegaard