[Avodah] Netillat Yadayim with no towel

Poppers, Michael MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Wed Jul 25 19:29:35 PDT 2012

In Avodah Digest, Vol 30, Issue 101, RLK asked:
> I was at a restaurant today and they had a washing station, but no towels.
They only had an electric hand dryer.
> Does anyone know what one should do in such a situation? <
I'm not a R (in the sense of CYLOR), but if you're asking whether using an electric hand dryer constitutes "niguv yadayim" (OC 158:12), lamah lo? and let's say it was Shabbos or Yuntef -- would you have a problem utilizing evaporation (i.e. rubbing your hands to spread the water left after you shook off what you could & then waving them around)?

BTW, a nice summary of sources re the purposes of and need for niguv can be found here:
http://www.yutorah.org/_shiurim/The%20Beracha%20of%20Al%20Netilat%20Yadayim.html .

All the best from
-- Michael Poppers via BB pager