[Avodah] Netillat Yadayim with no towel

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jul 23 21:57:21 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:22:58AM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
> On 23/07/2012 11:00 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
>> The MB (s"q 42) says this is another reason why we make the berakhah
>> before drying.

> Don't we make the bracha before rubbing the hands together (shifshuf)?
> Maybe that's what the Rama means by "niguv".

Actually, everyone I know who follows the MB makes the berakhah before
toweling off. The MB (s"q 45) explains that eating the bread without
niguv is like eating tamei bread because your hands are still wet with
tamei water. And (s"q 46) niguv isn't necessary after tevilas yadayim
because the water on them isn't tamei.