[Avodah] [Areivim] what proportion would return to the yeshiva

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jul 20 09:54:06 PDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 10:50:24PM +0100, Daniel M. Israel wrote:
: But the question I wanted to raise here is something else. To what
: extent is an army unit a kahilah in the sense that someone joining such
: a unit would be obligated to accept the local mara d'asra? ...

If you plan on returning to your community of origin, you are not bound
by minhag hamaqom. I understand that minhag and pesaq are not the same
thing, but it would appear to be indicative.