[Avodah] Nevuah and Knowing the Future

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Thu Jul 19 00:41:10 PDT 2012

RMB wrote:
> I don't think the connection is being made between authorship
> and any one shitah in the machloqes about when/if Iyov lived.

Please explain, as it seems to me you contradicted yourself. Do you mean
to say that there is absolutely no connection between the theories of
when Iyov lived and between those regarding ots authorship, or do you
mean thatm as long as the presumed author lived either contemporraneously
with Iyov or afterwards, there is no one-to-one mapping of the different
respective shittot?

IOW, did you mean to say that even if Iyov was miBenei haGolah, the
book was just as likely written by Moshe as it could have been written
by Ezra if Iyov was from among the Egyptians? Or do you mean only that
the latter is totally open while the former would *likely* *imply*
that the author was Ezra, for example?

Shenizke lirot bene'hamat Tsiyon,
--
Arie Folger,