[Avodah] If you have an electronic water meter, can you turn on your faucet on Shabbos?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Jul 18 17:16:35 PDT 2012

On 18/07/2012 4:15 PM, Micha Berger wrote:

> Similarly, the more practical case of eating a cake that has lettering
> on it.
> Derabbanan 1: Mechilqah shelo al menas likhto
> Derabbanan 2: Derekh achilah
> So, PRDNL is permitted.

Where's the "lo nicha leih"?  In you first case I understand the LNL
because it's a *bug*, and doesn't *want* it in his box, and he would
let it out if he could.  But here, what's his objection to erasing the
writing on the cake?

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion