[Avodah] The Main Idea of Judaism

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 09:08:47 PDT 2012

In a message dated 7/6/2012 12:02:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hankman at bell.net writes:
> What you see in this pasuk probably is a correct interpretation,
> but that does not necessarily mean that what I saw in the pasuk is
> wrong. Shivim panim laTorah.

You are correct, one correct interpretation doesn't mean another
interpretation is wrong. I shouldn't have said so dogmatically, "A
doesn't mean X, it means Y." I should have said, "It never occurred
to me that A could be understood to mean X, I always understood it to
mean Y."

R' Micha recently asked why people join Areivim -- I don't remember if
he asked about Avodah also -- what do people get out of it?

For me, what I get out of it is, "Ta'amu ure'u -- ki shivim panim
laTorah!"

--Toby Katz