[Avodah] Tzaar Baalei Chayim and ownership

Liron Kopinsky liron.kopinsky at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:30:39 PDT 2012

Is there a point at which someone can forfeit ownership of an animal of
theirs because they cause it too much pain? Or do we say "azov taazov
*imo*" shows that even if the animal is being afflicted, there is no
responsibility on anyone else to remove that suffering unless the owner is
involved as well? Or would we say that he maintains ownership of the animal
as long as he is preventing it's tzaar, in which case "imo" would apply.
But if he is not preventing the tzaar, then he loses his rights to the
animal, and someone else can now take responsibility of removing the
suffering from the animal?

Kol Tuv,
--
Liron Kopinsky