[Avodah] The Bible cites itself

David Riceman driceman at optimum.net
Tue Jul 31 11:02:20 PDT 2012

There are lots of implicit self citations in the Bible, e.g., Eicha 2:1
"v'lo zachar hadom raglav" alluding to Isaiah 66:1 "v'ha'aretz hadom
raglay".  That's useful because the citation can't be the other way
around (only Isaiah spells out the nimshal) and it fits the traditional
chronology but not the chronology advocated by Biblical critics.

I've run across several examples like this, but I've never been
organized enough to take notes.  Does anyone know of a published list,
or would anyone care to contribute examples to help make such a list?

Thanks,

David Riceman