[Avodah] bittul torah for a talmid chochom's levaya

Rafi and Shifra Goldmeier goldmeier.family at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:23:41 PDT 2012

there is an obligation to stop learning torah for a talmid chochoms
funeral, until he has at least 600,000 attending.

My question is does that include creating a situation when people will
also not learn the next day? People didnt get home until 3 am, or 5 am,
and clearly would not be able to learn the next day after being up all
night. My kids all went late to school and missed enough learning to
prompt my question. I did not work efficiently today - if not for the
fact that i work mostly for myself, I would have had a shailoh of
short-changing a boss. So, is the next days bittul torah also included
in that halacha or only the bittul torah at the time of the funeral?

kol tuv
Rafi Goldmeier

--
---------