[Avodah] responders???

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jul 5 13:05:56 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 01:35:14PM -0700, Harvey Benton wrote:
: (responders?? i don't know what exactly that means???) didn't rivka...

Aside from the error in your example, my terseness caused a general
conceptual error.

The imahos as symbols represent how we respond to HQBH when He "takes
the first step". Is'arusa deIla'a is always felt fourfold, because we
can sense that there is more going on than our usual threefold selves.

But I meant the symbology, not the individuals. It's like saying that
Avraham represents chessed. That doesn't rule out his doing things for
other motives, even things recorded in the Torah, that don't fit his
overall symbology -- at least not in any simple way.

Micha Berger             A person lives with himself for seventy years,
micha at aishdas.org        and after it is all over, he still does not
http://www.aishdas.org   know himself.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            - Rav Yisrael Salanter