[Avodah] Kivrey Avos

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jun 29 11:41:48 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 08:23:22AM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
:> The machlokes in the gemara whether "meisim yod'im" refers only to what
:> is happening outside the cemetery.  Lechol hade'os they know what is
:> happening inside.

: Again: See tosfot sotah 34b D"H avotai as well as michtav meliyahu -yamim
: noraim where he posits those of high ruchanit stature know nothing of
: this world once they leave it.

Except that Tosafos also include them knowing what is said in tefillos.
Which would answer the "Rachel mevaqah" question.

Didn't see MmE, yet.

I'm wondering if the same is true of a recent meis still undergoing
chibus haqever. He is still attached on some level to his body, to the
extent of knowing and feeling its decomposition. So I see it plausible
that connection to olam hazeh is also informative beyond that.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             Life isn't about finding yourself
micha at aishdas.org        Life is about creating yourself.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Bernard Shaw
Fax: (270) 514-1507