[Avodah] distilled fruit juice

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Jun 17 18:35:31 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:20:49AM -0400, David Riceman wrote:
> RMB:
> <<I think it's of the same worldview as that which lists mayim and tal
> as different liquids. We care about where water comes from.>>
>
> I don't think that's right.  The issue is the name.  See the Sifra on
> "v'chol mashkeh asher yishaseh ..." cited by the AhSHhA Tohoros 158:4.

And what is the significance of shinui sheim if not basing the din on
how we think of something over the physics of how it actually is?

Micha Berger             Like a bird, man can reach undreamed-of
micha at aishdas.org        heights as long as he works his wings.
http://www.aishdas.org   But if he relaxes them for but one minute,
Fax: (270) 514-1507      he plummets downward.   - Rav Yisrael Salanter