[Avodah] A question of Yichus

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jun 11 17:21:03 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 08:18:05PM -0400, T613K at aol.com wrote:
: [2] you want the woman's lover, who is believed to be the actual biological
:  father (though there is no proof), to be forced to pay child support
:
: [3] you want the first husband to be considered the father because you
: don't want to make the child a mamzer
:
: I submit that you can NOT accomplish both [2] and [3]...

I am not sure. We have weirder examples than this of palginan dibura
to avoid accepting the part of the eidus that would imply mamzeirus in
the gemara.

Not that I have an answer; I'm just saying your logic may not apply.